2D-3D FACEngine® FOR Geometric Normalization.
Animetrics is the first company to field a fully enabled face recognition technology based n the Animetrics 2D-3D FACEngine®. Given a 3D avatar generated from a 2D image, then it is possible to position in space at any scale and any orientation the 3D geometry allowing for the generation of normalized imagery during enrollment and ID system matching. Poor pose via arbitrary scale, position and orientation of the individuals subject being enrolled or probed presents significant challenges to all ID systems. This is depicted in the Figure.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,685: Viewpoint -Invariant Image Matching and Generation of Three-Dimensional Models from Two-Dimensional Imagery.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,683: Generating Image Data Bases for Multifeatured Objects.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,671, Facial Recognition System and Method.
- U.S. Patent number 7,853,085. Viewpoint Invariant Detection and Identification of 3D Object from 2D Imagery.
- U.S. Patent number 2007/0080967A1, Publication Date April 12, 2007: Generation of Normalized 2D Imagery and ID Systems via 2D to 3D Lifting:of Multifeatured Objects. Pending.