2D-3D FACEngine® for Photometric Normalization.
From the 3D avatar, the phometric variation across the 3D surface due to shadowing and variations in illumination independent of the texture (albeido) field can be predicted. Poor lighting and shadows present a serious problem for FR technologies. The Animetrics system generates a 3D “map” of light intensities, providing a very realistic and accurate representation of lighting. This is depicted in the Figure below.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,685: Viewpoint -Invariant Image Matching and Generation of Three-Dimensional Models from Two-Dimensional Imagery.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,683: Generating Image Data Bases for Multifeatured Objects.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,671, Facial Recognition System and Method.
- U.S. Patent number 7,853,085. Viewpoint Invariant Detection and Identification of 3D Object from 2D Imagery.
- U.S. Patent number 2007/0080967A1, Publication Date April 12, 2007: Generation of Normalized 2D Imagery and ID Systems via 2D to 3D Lifting:of Multifeatured Objects. Pending.