2D-3D FACEngine® Face Recognition Performance Based on SetPose Geometric Normalization
Depicted in the Figure below is another leading non American vendor demonstration of the enhancement by the Animetrics 2D-3D FACEngine® facial search engine technology. The Animetrics enhancing technology was used via a normalization procedure in which the incoming probes are normalized to be front facing. The 2D face recognition solution of the vendor then solves the matching against the database. The Architecture of the Set-Pose normalization is depicted in the accompanying figure.
The facial search engine is shown in the left. The performance enhancement associated with 2D-3D FACEngine® technology is depicted via the false-accept-rate curve versus false-reject-rate curve demonstrating a near factor of 10 decrease in performance at small false-accept-rates. The lower curve show a decrease in false-accept-rate from 50% to 5%.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,685: Viewpoint -Invariant Image Matching and Generation of Three-Dimensional Models from Two-Dimensional Imagery.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,683: Generating Image Data Bases for Multifeatured Objects.
- U.S. Patent number 7,643,671, Facial Recognition System and Method.
- U.S. Patent number 7,853,085. Viewpoint Invariant Detection and Identification of 3D Object from 2D Imagery.
- U.S. Patent number 2007/0080967A1, Publication Date April 12, 2007: Generation of Normalized 2D Imagery and ID Systems via 2D to 3D Lifting:of Multifeatured Objects. Pending.